Paleo Zucchini Bread
**UPDATED** Paleo, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Refined Sugar-Free, Minimal Ingredients, Easy
This delicious homemade Paleo zucchini bread is excellent for breakfast, a mid-afternoon snack, or just using up your extra zucchinis!
It’s a zucchini overload here! It’s hard to keep up with all the zucchini popping up in our garden, so I decided to get busy baking, starting with this delicious grain-free Paleo zucchini bread! If you love bread, you’ll surely fall in love with this simple zucchini bread made with alternative grain-free flours and low-glycemic coconut sugar as a natural sweetener.
If you are unfamiliar with coconut sugar or don’t have any on hand, it can be swapped out for equal parts of honey or maple syrup, although this may change the taste and texture. Also, if you have picky eaters (husband included), I suggest peeling the zucchini before shredding! 😉
You’ll want to read this blog post in its entirety for more helpful tips and tricks you’d typically by-pass. Or, if you are feeling lucky, jump to the recipe below and get started!
Either way, I’d love to hear how your zucchini bread turned out, so please leave a comment and share it with your friends and family.
How to ‘Sweat’ Shredded Zucchini
To sweat a zucchini simply means to remove excess water, but it’s an important (and very easy) step you won’t want to skip!
1. Shred zucchini onto a kitchen towel, cheesecloth, or paper towel, spread out into a thin layer.
2. Sprinkle 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt onto the shredded zucchini and allow to sit for 10 minutes.
3. After 10 minutes, wring out the zucchini over the sink and remove the excess water. Set aside until ready to use.
How to Make Paleo Zucchini Bread
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a bread pan with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, and salt.
3. In a small bowl, whisk avocado oil, coconut sugar, and eggs, then pour into the large bowl and stir until combined.
4. Next, fold in the shredded zucchini with a spatula.
5. Pour batter into the prepared bread pan and spread evenly across the pan with a spatula.
6. Bake in the preheated oven for 45 to 50 minutes or until the top is firm or a toothpick comes out clean. Allow bread to cool in the pan completely before serving.
How to Store Paleo Zucchini Bread
Store zucchini bread in an airtight container on the counter for 2 days or up to 5 days in the refrigerator.
If you do not have a large family, cut zucchini bread into slices and place in between parchment paper and freeze in an airtight freezer-safe container. Remove slices out as needed and defrost in the microwave or in the toaster.
Essential Equipment for Making Paleo Zucchini Bread
Bread Pan – The bread pan ensures the shape of your bread to resemble a loaf! Layer your bread pan with parchment paper for a mess-free finish and easily remove the bread for slicing.
More Delicious Paleo Bread Recipes
Paleo Banana Bread – Made with coconut flour and naturally sweetened with bananas, this will surely please even the pickiest of eaters!
Homemade Paleo Bread – A homemade Paleo bread that is made with grain-free alternative flours and yeast for a bread-like finish. Perfect for making sandwiches and French toast.
Paleo Pumpkin Bread – Delicious and moist bread filled with all the fall pumpkin flavors.
Basic Staples for Making Paleo Zucchini Bread
Almond Flour – For this recipe, I used blanched almond flour and found that it gives this bread the best texture and taste when compared to other alternative Paleo flours.
Coconut Flour – Coconut flour is one of my favorite alternative flours when it comes to baking, especially when mixed with almond flour.
Avocado Oil – Avocado oil has a very mild to non-existent flavor and gives this bread a moist and light taste and texture.
Coconut Sugar – Coconut sugar is a natural sweetener with a lower glycemic index. It can also be swapped out for equal parts of honey or maple syrup (this may change the taste and texture).
Eggs – It’s best to source local eggs from pasture-raised chickens. If your location and budget do not allow for this, store-bought pasture-raised or organic eggs are second to best.
Zucchini – Its always best to choose local or organic when you can. If using conventional zucchini, make sure to wash and peel (if desired).
Paleo Zucchini Bread
- Bread Pan
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a bread pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In a small bowl, whisk avocado oil, coconut sugar, and eggs, then pour into the large bowl and stir until combined.
- Next, fold in the shredded zucchini with a spatula.
- Pour batter into the prepared bread pan and spread evenly across the pan with a spatula.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 45 to 50 minutes or until the top is firm or a toothpick comes out clean. Allow bread to cool in the pan completely before serving.
Nutritional facts aren’t always factual – please use these as a reference only. Speak to a nutritionist about your recommended daily values and for more accurate information.