Paleo Pie Crust
Paleo, Gluten-Free, Sugar-Free, Minimal Ingredients, Easy
This almond flour-based Paleo pie crust is the perfect foundation for your favorite pie and can be ready in less than 20 minutes.
If you love pie, then this recipe is just for you! Enjoy a light and fluffy pie crust as the foundation for your next pie.
When using this recipe, I highly suggest using a filling that isn’t ‘wet.’ Meaning, fillings that are fruit-based, such as blueberry or strawberry and rhubarb pie fillings. These types of fillings tend to soak into the crust, making it soggy, and your pie will turn into a crumble rather than a pie.
Since this crust is lighter, its best to use more of a solid filling, such as banana cream, pumpkin, or key lime pie filling, to name a few!
You’ll want to read this blog post in its entirety for more helpful tips and tricks you’d typically by-pass. Or, if you are feeling lucky, jump to the recipe below and get started!
Either way, I’d love to hear how your pie crust turned out, so please leave a comment and share it with your friends and family.
How to Make Paleo Pie Crust
Here’s what you’ll need to make your pie crust:
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
2. In a medium-size bowl, combine almond flour, coconut oil, and sea salt with a fork or with fingers until pea-sized crumbles start to form.
3. Pour the pie crust into a 9-inch pie dish and gently press into the bottom and up the sides as thinly as possible in an even layer without tearing.
4. Place the pie crust into the preheated oven and bake for 10 to 25 minutes or until the crust turns slightly golden. Remove from oven and cool before filling.
How to Store Paleo Pie Crust
After cooling the pie crust, it can be used right away to make your favorite pie or stored in the refrigerator, covered for 2 days.
Essential Equipment for Making Paleo Pie Crust
Pie Dish (9×9-inch) – You can’t have a pie without the pie dish!
More Paleo Dessert Recipes
Chocolate Almond Sea Salt Bars – Chocolate + Almonds + Sea Salt = LOVE. Need I say more?
Pumpkin Pie – This pie crust is featured in my famous Thanksgiving dessert!
Chocolate Paleo Brownies – So chocolatey, you’ll forget they are Paleo!
Basic Staples for Making Paleo Pie Crust
Almond Flour – Almond flour is my preferred Paleo flour when it comes to baking.
Coconut Oil – The coconut oil helps bind the almond flour together to make a light and fluffy crust.
Sea Salt – Everyone has their preferred preference when it comes to salt, so use your favorite brand.
Paleo Pie Crust
- Pie Dish
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- In a medium-size bowl, combine almond flour, coconut oil, and sea salt with a fork or with fingers until pea-sized crumbles start to form.
- Pour the pie crust into a 9-inch pie dish and gently press into the bottom and up the sides as thinly as possible in an even layer without tearing.
- Place the pie crust into the preheated oven and bake for 10 to 25 minutes or until the crust turns slightly golden. Remove from oven and cool before filling.
Nutritional facts aren’t always factual – please use these as a reference only. Speak to a nutritionist about your recommended daily values and for more accurate information.