Paleo Chocolate Almond Sea Salt Bars
Paleo, Gluten-Free, Refined Sugar-Free, Dairy-Free, Minimal Ingredients, Easy
Indulge in these sugar and dairy-free Paleo chocolate almond sea salt bars whenever the craving calls! These bars are perfect for any occasion!
Last week was my not so favorite Hallmark holiday… Valentine’s Day. It was like Halloween happened all over again in my house but with red and pink heart-shaped candies everywhere. I spent the first-night yelling ‘NO MORE CANDY’ and negotiating how many more bites of dinner they had to eat in order to get another ‘fix.’
I’m borderline embarrassed, but I’ll be honest, sometimes it is hard raising Paleo kids in the modern world. Not being able to control an environment outside of your house is beyond stressful. I want my kids to grow up ‘normal,’ and by normal, I mean being able to make their own decisions on what to eat and what not to eat. As a parent, I can only educate them and hope they make the right decisions outside of the house.
While I can’t control the candy they bring home, I can, in fact, throw it away. 🙂 I feel zero guilt for throwing conventional candy away. There is not a human is this world that needs candy to survive. As another fellow health coach of mine (Jennifer) said, these parties, events, and functions are just the starting point of bad choices – and we wonder why our nation has an upraise in chronic diseases at younger ages than ever before.
So, throw your conventional heart-shaped candy away and enjoy these bars by yourself, with your family, or gift them to a friend or lover. You won’t regret it, because these bars are damn right addicting.
You’ll want to read this blog post in its entirety for more helpful tips and tricks you’d typically by-pass. Or, if you are feeling lucky, jump to the recipe below and get started!
Either way, I’d love to hear how your chocolate almond bars turned out, so please leave a comment and share it with your friends and family.
How to Make Paleo Chocolate Almond Sea Salt Bars
Take your chocolate addiction to a whole new healthy level with these almond filled chocolate bars.
1. Line an edged 8×8 glass dish with parchment paper and set aside.
2. In a small saucepan, melt coconut oil over low heat for 3 to 5 minutes or until completely melted.
3. Remove the saucepan from the burner and whisk in cacao powder, maple syrup, and vanilla for 30 seconds or until smooth and creamy.
4. Pour the chocolate into the prepared dish and rotate from side to side until chocolate has formed an even layer.
5. Sprinkle the chopped almonds over the top of the chocolate and gently press the almonds down.
6. Top with the desired amount with sea salt and place it into the freezer for 15 to 20 minutes or until completely set.
How to Store Paleo Chocolate Almond Sea Salt Bars
Since these bars do not contain preservatives, they should be stored in the refrigerator or freezer. Leftover bars will last 3 to 5 days in an airtight container in the fridge or up to 3 months in the freezer.
Essential Equipment for Making Paleo Chocolate Almond Sea Salt Bars
Saucepan – Using a saucepan ensures an even melting process without overheating. You can melt the coconut oil in a glass microwave-safe dish in 30-second increments in the microwave to save time.
More Paleo Chocolate Recipes
Chocolate Mug Cake – Kick the chocolate craving in less than 5-minutes with this mug cake!
Mini Chocolate Cups – Just like those mini Reese’s peanut butter cups but made with almond butter and other Paleo pantry staples!
Chocolate Covered Cherries – Combine two simple ingredients into one mouth-watering chocolate treat!
Basic Staples for Making Paleo Chocolate Almond Sea Salt Bars
Coconut Oil – The coconut oil is the base of this chocolate. It sets the perfect foundation for these bars, as at room temperature, it holds it’s shape.
Cacao Powder – Cacao powder is made by cold-pressing unroasted cacao beans – leaving all the living enzymes and nutrients in place. Which is very different than cocoa powder. Cocoa powder is roasted at high temperatures that change the molecular structure, which lowers the nutrient value.
Pure Maple Syrup – The maple syrup gives this chocolate a sweet flavor without using refined sugars. If you prefer to sweeten with honey, use the same measurements listed below. Local maple syrup and honey are best!
Vanilla – I use my Homemade Vanilla Extract Recipe for all my baking needs!
Almonds – To save money, I purchase whole raw almonds and place them into a plastic bag and smash them into tiny pieces with a rolling pin.
Sea Salt – Everyone has their opinion on the best sea salt, so use whatever’s in your kitchen.
Paleo Chocolate Almond Sea Salt Bars
- Line an edged 8×8 glass dish with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, melt coconut oil over low heat for 3 to 5 minutes or until completely melted.
- Remove the saucepan from the burner and whisk in cacao powder, maple syrup, and vanilla for 30 seconds or until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the chocolate into the prepared dish and rotate from side to side until chocolate has formed an even layer.
- Sprinkle the chopped almonds over the top of the chocolate and gently press the almonds down.
- Top with the desired amount with sea salt and place it into the freezer for 15 to 20 minutes or until completely set.
Nutritional facts aren’t always factual – please use these as a reference only. Speak to a nutritionist about your recommended daily values and for more accurate information.