Paleo Buffalo Chicken Bites
Paleo, Zero Net Carbs, Keto, Low-Carb, Grain-Free, Minimal Ingredients, Easy
These Paleo buffalo chicken bites are packed full of just the right amount of heat and pair well with ranch dressing. Perfect for dinner or as an app!
Surprise your friends and family with these bite-size party appetizers full of hot bold flavors. No utensils required to enjoy these buffalo chicken bites!
These make an excellent dish to bring to any event or to pass around the dinner table. Best of all, you can freely enjoy these, since there are zero grams of net carbohydrates – which is perfect for those following a low-carb diet.
I wouldn’t say these are kid-friendly since they do offer some really bold hot flavors, but you can tone them down by adding less hot sauce or dipping into the Paleo ranch dressing featured in my cookbook ‘The Big Book of Paleo Cooking!’
You’ll want to read this blog post in its entirety for more helpful tips and tricks you’d typically by-pass. Or, if you are feeling lucky, jump to the recipe below and get started!
Either way, I’d love to hear how your buffalo chicken bites turned out, so please leave a comment and share it with your friends and family.
How to Make Paleo Buffalo Chicken Bites
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line an edged baking sheet with parchment paper, set aside.
2. In a medium-sized bowl, combine chicken, hot sauce, almond flour, egg, salt, and pepper.
3. Roll mixture into 1-ounce or 1-inch balls and place onto the prepared baking sheet.
4. Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes, then flip the chicken bites over and continue cooking for an additional 10 to 15 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Optional: Serve with ranch dressing.
How to Store Paleo Buffalo Chicken Bites
Buffalo chicken bites can be stored in an airtight container for 3 to 5 days in the refrigerator. Leftover chicken bites can be added to salads (delicious with a blue cheese dressing if you are not sensitive to dairy) or chopped up and added to any dish.
Essential Equipment for Making Paleo Buffalo Chicken Bites
More Paleo Chicken Dishes
Chicken Enchiladas – WOW your family with these easy to make Paleo chicken-filled tortillas covered in a spicy red sauce.
Bacon & Prosciutto Wrapped Chicken – Elevate your chicken with this easy to make natural flavor enhancer recipe wrapped in bacon and prosciutto.
Chicken Nuggets – Delicious grain-free chicken nuggets can be enjoyed in as little as 30-minutes for quick lunches or weeknight dinners.
Basic Staples for Making Paleo Buffalo Chicken Bites
Ground Chicken – For most of us hunting down or raising our own chicken is out of the question, so the next best option is purchasing locally pastured raised chickens. You can typically find pastured raised chickens at farmer’s markets, co-ops, local farms, and butchers.
Paleo-Approved Hot Sauce – For this recipe, I used Franks Red Hot Original. Make sure whatever hot sauce you use its 100% compliant with no added vegetable oils or fillers.
Almond Flour – The almond flour acts as a binder. You can also use coconut flour, but you’ll likely not need as much – start with 1 to 2 tablespoons and work your way up from there.
Sea Salt – Everyone has their opinion on the best sea salt, so use whatever is in your kitchen.
Black Pepper – I prefer freshly ground black pepper, but use whatever’s in your kitchen!
Paleo Buffalo Chicken Bites
- Baking Sheet
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line an edged baking sheet with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine chicken, hot sauce, almond flour, salt, and pepper.
- Roll mixture into 1-ounce or 1-inch balls and place onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes, then flip the chicken bites over and continue cooking for an additional 10 to 15 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Optional: Serve with ranch dressing.
Nutritional facts aren’t always factual – please use these as a reference only. Speak to a nutritionist about your recommended daily values and for more accurate information.