Edible Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
Paleo, Gluten-Free, Refined Sugar-Free, Minimal Ingredients, Easy
Skip the baking, and eat this edible Paleo chocolate chip cookie dough instead! This yummy cookie dough is so good you almost forget its Paleo!
Don’t wait around for your cookies to bake, instead enjoy them right from the bowl! This raw eggless and dairy-free cookie dough makes this safe for everyone to eat. To add a little moisture to the batter, the eggs have been replaced with a non-dairy milk alternative (almond or coconut milk).
Note: If you are worried about eating raw flour, heat treat the flour by placing it into a microwave-safe bowl and cooking in 15-second intervals for 1 minute and 15 seconds. Ideally, you want your flour to reach a temperature of 180 degrees to help kill off bacteria.
Not a fan of raw cookie dough? Try making one of my Paleo cookie recipes!
You’ll want to read this blog post in its entirety for more helpful tips and tricks you’d typically by-pass. Or, if you are feeling lucky, jump to the recipe below and get started!
Either way, I’d love to hear how your edible cookie dough turned out, so please leave a comment and share it with your friends and family.
How to Make Edible Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
Here are the ingredients you’ll need to make your edible dough…
coconut oil, room temp
almond or coconut milk
1. For bite-size portions: Line an edged baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside. Otherwise, skip this step.
2. In a large bowl, beat the butter and coconut sugar with a hand mixer on medium for 1 minute or until creamy.
3. Stir in the almond milk, vanilla, and salt and then slowly add in the almond flour until a batter forms. Fold in chocolate chips and chill in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
Tip: I love using mini chocolate chips for this recipe!
4. For bite-size portions: Using a small cookie scoop or a tablespoon, scoop the dough onto the prepared baking sheet forming 12 dough balls and chill in the refrigerator for 20 minutes or freeze.
How to Store Edible Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
Your edible cookie dough can be stored in one of two ways.
You can store cookie dough in the refrigerator either in a bowl or into bite-size balls and place in an airtight container or reusable bag for up to 5 days.
If you are planning on storing in the freezer, you’ll want to scoop out bite-size balls for storage. You can do this by following the instructions in the recipe, and once the balls are frozen, you can place into an airtight freezer-safe container or reusable freezer bag for 1 to 3 months.
The cookie dough balls don’t need to be thawed before eating – you can enjoy them right from the freezer!
Essential Equipment for Making Edible Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
Baking Sheet – I love my baking sheets, there is plenty of room and they are easy to clean. (Especially when topped with parchment paper or a silicone mat)!
Hand Mixer – A hand mixer is used to combine all ingredients in one bowl for less mess! Hand mixers are amazing because they get the job done but don’t take up too much space for storage!
Mixing Bowls – Every home cook, whether your a beginner or expert, should have an assortment of small to large bowls to execute all your recipes!
More Delicious Paleo Desserts
Chocolate Chip Cookies – Deliciously soft chocolate chip paleo cookies are allergy-friendly, kid-approved, and ready in less than 30 minutes.
Chocolate Almond and Sea Salt Bars – Chocolate + Almonds + Sea Salt = LOVE.
Cinnamon Maple Pecans – Yummy flavorful pecans covered in a maple syrup and cinnamon coating.
Basic Staples for Making Edible Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
Coconut Oil – Coconut oil is the perfect alternative to dairy-based fat. If you can tolerate dairy, the coconut oil can be swapped out for equal parts of grass-fed butter.
Coconut Sugar – Coconut sugar is the perfect refined sugar replacement because it offers some nutrients but also has a lower glycemic index!
Almond Milk – Almond milk can be swapped out with equal parts full-fat coconut milk, as desired. Both will get the job done!
Vanilla – Save money by making a homemade vanilla extract with my favorite recipe: Paleo Vanilla Extract.
Sea Salt – Everyone has their opinion on the best sea salt, so use whatever’s in your kitchen.
Almond Flour – I purchase Costco’s almond flour, but you can use Bob’s Red Mill or any organic almond flour of your choosing, as long as it’s blanched.
Paleo Chocolate Chips – You can use my homemade Paleo chocolate recipe featured in my Paleo Chocolate Covered Strawberries post. Make the chocolate and pour it into a chocolate chip mold, place in the refrigerator until hardened.
Edible Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
- Hand Mixer
- For bite-size portions: Line an edged baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside. Otherwise, skip this step.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter and coconut sugar with a hand mixer on medium for 1 minute or until creamy.
- Stir in the almond milk, vanilla, and salt and then slowly add in the almond flour until a batter forms. Fold in chocolate chips and chill in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- For bite-size portions: Using a small cookie scoop or a tablespoon, scoop the dough onto the prepared baking sheet forming 12 dough balls and chill in the refrigerator for 20 minutes or freeze.
Nutritional facts aren’t always factual – please use these as a reference only. Speak to a nutritionist about your recommended daily values and for more accurate information.