Crockpot Beef Roast and Vegetables
**UPDATED** Paleo, Keto, Minimal Ingredients, Gluten-Free, Allergy-Friendly
This Paleo crockpot beef roast and vegetable meal is perfect for busy families and new moms! Throw this flavorful dish together with minimal work and effort.
If you are looking for a minimal work thrown together meal that produces flavorful and delicious results, this recipe will give you just that!
This recipe is perfect for any day of the week and the weeks’ lunch meal prep! I always prepare the night before and throw it in the crockpot before starting my day.
By the time I make three breakfasts for my always hungry toddlers, juggling errands, school drop off and pick up, I always know dinner will be taken care of by the end of the hectic day.
For days I don’t feel like cooking, crockpot meals like this one are perfect for lazy days. I generally plan for one to two lazy days a week where we eat leftovers, or I make breakfast for dinner, or I throw together a simple crockpot meal.
You’ll want to read this blog post in its entirety for more helpful tips and tricks you’d typically by-pass. Or, if you are feeling lucky, jump to the recipe below and get started!
Either way, I’d love to hear how your beef roast and vegetable crockpot meal turned out, so please leave a comment and share it with your friends and family.
How to Make Crockpot Beef Roast and Vegetables
Enjoy perfectly flavored and tender bits of beef surrounded by nutrient-dense root vegetables, onions, and celery.
1. Place beef roast in a 6-quart or larger crockpot.
2. In a small bowl, combine garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, chili powder, oregano, sea salt, and pepper.
3. Generously coat all sides of the beef roast with seasoning.
4. Next, add in onions, celery, carrots, and sweet potatoes and sprinkle any remaining seasoning over the vegetables.
Tip: Interchange vegetables for ones your family likes or add in some of their favorites. Examples: mushrooms and parsnips.
5. Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or until meat and vegetables are fork-tender.
6. Before serving, carefully remove the beef roast and cut or shred into desired pieces and discard the bone.
Tip: You can precut the roast or purchase already cut beef chunks as well.
7. Optional: Add 1 to 2 tablespoons arrowroot flour and whisk into the juices in the crockpot to make a gravy.
How to Store Crockpot Beef Roast and Vegetables
Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container for up to 5 days in the refrigerator, which is perfect for the weeks’ lunch meal prep.
This recipe is an excellent freezer meal! Make this dish and allow it to cool completely before storing it in a freezer-safe and airtight container(s). This will safely keep in the freezer for 3 to 4 months. Defrost in the refrigerator 24 hours before eating.
Essential Equipment to Make Crockpot Beef Roast and Vegetables
Crockpot – (Otherwise known as the slow cooker). Crockpots are perfect for ‘setting and forgetting.’ I’ll usually prepare this the night before and turn on the crockpot first thing in the morning. Honestly, I’m not sure what beats coming home to the aromas of a cooked meal and being able to eat right away!
More Paleo Crockpot Meals
Shredded BBQ Pork – Take your favorite Summer dish and bring it inside this Winter in this flavorful BBQ pork crockpot meal!
Irish Beef Stew – Your traditional Irish beef stew with a Paleo twist!
Beef Stroganoff – Enjoy this dish toppled over a bed of mashed parsnips, cauliflower, or sweet potatoes!
Basic Staples for Making Crockpot Beef Roast and Vegetables
Spices – garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, chili powder, oregano, salt, and pepper. Shop my favorite spice brand Simply Organic!
Other Items Needed:
Bone-In Chuck Roast – I use the whole roast for this recipe and cut/shred after cooking. Check out the tips above in the “How to Make” section for other options.
Carrots – Carrots in this dish help bulk it up!
Celery – Celery is a great vegetable to add to any dish; it provides an extra layer of flavoring and crunch in a low-calorie form.
Onions – Onions are also a staple in our household. I use them in just about every meal. My favorite onion is the yellow onion, but occasionally you’ll see a recipe that uses red or white.
Sweet Potatoes – I love swapping out white potatoes for sweet potatoes. These potatoes provide a sweetness to the dish that pairs well with the savory beef roast.
Crockpot Beef Roast and Vegetables
- 2-3 lbs chuck roast bone in
- 3 carrots sliced
- 2 onions quartered
- 2 celery ribs diced
- 2 sweet potatoes cut in half and sliced
- Place beef roast in a 6-quart or larger crockpot.
- In a small bowl, combine garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, chili powder, oregano, sea salt, and pepper.
- Generously coat all sides of the beef roast with seasoning.
- Next, add in onions, celery, carrots, and sweet potatoes and sprinkle any remaining seasoning over the vegetables.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or until meat and vegetables are fork-tender.
- Before serving, carefully remove the beef roast and cut or shred into small bite-size pieces and discard the bone.