Almond Flour Banana Bread
Paleo, Grain-Free, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Sugar-Free, Minimal Ingredients, Easy
This Paleo almond flour banana bread is perfect for those looking to choose healthier options while still enjoying their favorite foods.
The next time your bananas are past their prime, make a batch of this moist and naturally sweetened bread. Made with simple Paleo ingredients – making this bread doesn’t require a trip to the supermarket.
You’ll want to read this blog post in its entirety for more helpful tips and tricks you’d typically by-pass. Or, if you are feeling lucky, jump to the recipe below and get started!
Either way, I’d love to hear how your banana bread turned out, so please leave a comment and share it with your friends and family.
How to Make Almond Flour Banana Bread
This recipe will yield a delicious and moist bread naturally sweetened with bananas. (No added sugar)!
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a bread pan with parchment paper and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, combine mashed bananas, eggs, coconut oil, and vanilla.
3. In a medium-sized bowl, combine almond flour, baking soda, and sea salt. Then slowly mix into the large bowl for 1 minute or until everything is evenly combined.
Tip: Fold in chopped walnuts, pecans, unsweetened cranberries, or chocolate chips after step three. (optional)
4. Pour batter into the prepared bread pan and bake in the preheated oven for 50 to 55 minutes or until firm to touch and the top is browned.
5. Cool in pan completely before removing the parchment paper and cutting the bread.
Tip: The parchment paper is used to remove the bread easily from the pan once baked and makes for easy cleanup! If you do not have parchment paper on hand, grease your bread pan with coconut oil.
How to Store Almond Flour Banana Bread
Store banana bread in an airtight container on the counter for 2 days or up to 5 days in the refrigerator.
If you do not have a large family, cut banana bread into slices and place in between parchment paper and freeze in an airtight freezer-safe container. Remove slices out as needed and defrost in the microwave or in the toaster.
Essential Equipment for Making Almond Flour Banana Bread
Bread Pan – A standard sized bread pan (5x9x3-inch) is used to shape the bread.
More Paleo Bread Recipes
Frozen Banana Pops – Take your ice cream craving to a whole new level with these kid-approved frozen banana pops!
Chocolate Banana Smoothie – Enjoy this simple to execute smoothie with minimal allergy-free ingredients!
Paleo Banana Bread – Similar to this recipe, but made with coconut flour for an allergy-free option.
Basic Staples for Making Almond Flour Banana Bread
Almond Flour – The perfect gluten-free flour for those following the Paleo diet.
Coconut Oil – I purchase Costco’s coconut oil, mainly because we use a lot of it, but any coconut oil will work!
Baking Soda – This is a staple in almost all households, it’s not only great for baking but also cleaning!
Vanilla – I use my Homemade Vanilla Extract Recipe for all my baking needs!
Sea Salt – Everyone has their opinion on the best sea salt, so use whatever’s in your kitchen.
Eggs – Pasture-raised eggs are best!
Almond Flour Banana Bread
- Bread Pan
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a bread pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine mashed bananas, eggs, coconut oil, and vanilla.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine almond flour, baking soda, and sea salt. Then slowly mix into the large bowl for 1 minute or until everything is evenly combined.
- Pour batter into the prepared bread pan and bake in the preheated oven for 50 to 55 minutes or until firm to touch and the top is browned.
- Cool in pan completely before removing the parchment paper and cutting the bread.
Nutritional facts aren’t always factual – please use these as a reference only. Speak to a nutritionist about your recommended daily values and for more accurate information.